iLab (link) reservation system is our preferred method of scheduling time on each Equipment. If you can not make a reservation, please see IMSE staff (this is usually when your equipment specific training has not been completed for independent use).
Besides iLab reservation system, each user is also required to log actual usage time on equipment via mobile App (iOS App link, Android App link). If there is issue with connectivity, time can be logged on paper sheets placed near each equipment.
IMSE will bill for the maximum usage time. For example, if you reserve equipment from 9 AM to 10 AM on Equipment A, but your actual usage was from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM. User will incur a charge from 9 AM to 10:30 AM
Any misuse of scheduling/log system may lead to 8 hour equipment charge (also listed in User agreement)
Note for certain use cases:
- If your anticipated experiment time is < 10 min, you may skip making a reservation on iLab. However, this time must be recorded on App.
- If you perform overnight or long lift-off experiments, please record actual usage time and mention lift-off in the comment. IMSE will only bill you for 30 min for lift-off experiments.
- If you make reservations that require overnight pump down of equipment, please make reservation on iLab accordingly and record usage time on App. For example, if a reservation is planned on the Thermal Evaporator with sample loading from 4:30 PM to 5 PM on Day 1, and actual experiment from 8 AM to 9 AM on Day 2, following should be recorded:
- On iLab: Book one reservation starting from 4:30 PM (day 1) to 9 AM (day 2) on iLab. Check the pricing for each hour to make sure that you are not charged for after-hour (See example here). NOTE: IMSE will bill for any time (including pump down time) from 8 AM to 5 PM (exceptions may be made on case-by-case basis).
- On App: Sign in at 4:30 PM on Day 1, and Sign out at 9 AM on Day 2. You may use comments to share issues with the experiment or requesting time adjustments.
IMSE Consumables cost
NOTE: IMSE may be able to facilitate purchase of chemicals and supplies that are owned by a research group.
For Equipment rates, please contact IMSE staff